INTRODUCTION TO KILNFORMED GLASS POWDERS
Basic Crackle Texture, Micro and Backed Wafers
by Bob Leatherbarrow
This technical guide, based on workshops taught over the past decade, provides the foundation for creating:
- crackle texture
- two versions of powder wafers (micro and backed wafers)
If you are interested in working with texture and design components using kilnformed glass powder, this is the book for you!
- 87 pages of clearly documented step-by-step instructions for creating crackle texture, and micro and backed wafers
- 78 quality images to illustrate the step-by-step instructions
- detailed explanations of important but subtle details, e.g., how the water/powder ratio affects crackle texture quality, how powder layer thickness affects crackle texture size, and how powder layering sequence affects the crackle texture colour
- firing schedules and the logic behind their development (in both °Celsius and °Fahrenheit)
- guidelines for finishing and slumping projects into gallery quality pieces
- a gallery of finished artwork, with accompanying stories, to illustrate a range of applications for the techniques described in this book
BEFORE PURCHASING THE BOOK, PLEASE NOTE:
- The download link provided by email at the time of purchase expires 24 hours after you first access it.
- Once you’ve downloaded the PDF file, please save it to your computer hard drive for permanent future access.
- The file is password protected so it can only be read in PDF "read-only" software, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader.
COST: $25 CAD (~$20.00 USD based on current exchange rates)